Please note that the email addresses given for each community ward are general email address for contacting your Community Policing Team, and are monitored by Operational Police Officers amongst their other main duties. They are not monitored constantly, and it may be some time before your email is actually read by an officer, particularly outwith normal office hours. 

If you wish to report a crime, ring 101 or in an emergency 999. Never use these email addresses for reporting crime.

Ask the Police

Ask the PoliceNeed some information? Try the Ask the Police (Police National Legal Database) for frequently asked questions 

General Enquiries

Contact Form image

If you have any general enquiries, use our Contact Us form and we will direct your enquiry to the relevant department or police office/station.

The form can also be used if you want to tell us that you were pleased with the service you received from Police Scotland

999 Emergency Number 

In an emergency you should always dial 999 if:

  • There is a risk of personal injury or loss of life
  • A crime is in progress
  • Someone suspected of a crime is nearby

Deaf, deafened, hard of hearing or speech-impaired callers using a Textphone (minicom) should dial 18000 in an emergency.

Alternatively, if you are deaf, hard of hearing and speech-impaired, you can register with emergency SMS text service. The emergency SMS service lets people in the UK send an SMS text message to the UK 999 service where it will be passed to the police, ambulance, fire rescue or coastguard.

101 Non-Emergency Number 

For non-emergencies and general enquiries, 101 is the number you call if you need to contact the police. Using 101 for situations that do not require an immediate police response helps keep 999 available for when there is an emergency.

Calls to 101 from landlines and mobiles cost 15 pence per call, no matter what time of day you call or how long your call lasts.

101 FAQs can be found here.

Calls to Police Scotland may be recorded for training and service improvement purposes.

UK calls outwith Scotland
UK callers residing outside of Scotland should call 01786 289 070 to contact Police Scotland

International Contact
International callers should call +44 1786 289 070 to contact Police Scotland

101 and 999 Aware Campaign

In May 2016, Police Scotland launched a campaign to remind people of the appropriate way to use 101 and 999 numbers.

Around 2.8 million 101 non-emergency calls are made every year in Scotland, while just under half a million emergency calls are placed via 999. Most of those calls are made appropriately but many are not. 

Inappropriate calls can take a call handler away from what could be an important 999 call and a member of the public who may need urgent assistance.

For more information visit the 101 and 999 Aware Campaign page.

Write to us

PO Box 2460


G40 9BA

Deaf/Hard of Hearing callers

Deaf, deafened, hard of hearing or speech-impaired callers can contact us via TextRelay on 1 800 1 101.

Minicom Service

Deaf, deafened, hard of hearing or speech-impaired callers can contact us via TextRelay on 1 800 1 101.


You can phone Crimestoppers to pass on information about crime anonymously, call 0800 555 111.

Our Police Stations

Please visit our Police Stations page for addresses of individual offices. View our Police Station Public Counter Opening Hours. The opening hours of stations can be liable to change, and may on occasion be closed due to operational needs. You may wish to call the national non-emergency number (101) before visiting the station to ensure that a member of staff will be there to help you.