Information about looking after your valuables, mobile phone and luggage.
On this page:
Tips for securing your valuables:
- Mark your valuable items, this makes it harder for thieves to sell them and easier for police to return them if found
- Make sure your possessions are in sight if you’re in a bar or a restaurant, don’t leave them unattended
- Do not display cash, expensive items or jewellery
- Insure your belongings and keep your insurance details handy
- Record your mobile phone, laptop, tablet, camera and other property on the Immobilise website
- Install a tracker device on your phone, which can help you find it if it's stolen
- If you have an app that gives you the location of your phone when switched on, make sure it is working and give a family member or trusted friend permission to track your device.
Tips for looking after your mobile phone:
- Keep it out of sight and don’t attract attention to it when not in use
- Use the security lock
- Keep a record of the 15 digit IMEI number
- To find the IMEI number, dial *#06# on your mobile phone
- Record your mobile details on the Immobilise website
- Use a tracking app
- Give permission to a family member or trusted friend to track your phone
- If lost or stolen, contact the police and service provider immediately.
Here are some tips for travelling with luggage and keeping it safe:
- Keep luggage in view and check on your bags regularly
- Ensure bags placed on the floor are in front of you, so any movement of the bag will be noticed
- Don't leave valuable items unattended
- If you are going to sleep whilst travelling, put your valuable items away
- Consider the use of tracking devices for your luggage
- Bluetooth devices are available on the market as well as greater range trackers which use GPRS / mobile phone technology.