This section of the website is designed to allow you to find out about a career in Police Scotland, whether as a Police Officer, a Special Constable or as a member of civilian Police Staff.
Ready For A Life Changing Career?
If you are a motivated and disciplined individual, with a 'can-do' approach, seeking true job satisfaction and able to meet our high professional standards, you may be what we are looking for as a potential police recruit.
We are looking to recruit people to deliver excellent around the clock policing to achieve the best outcomes for local communities across Scotland. People who possess discipline, resilience, and able to withstand the hardest knocks that society can throw at you.
In return, you’ll receive first class training and be rewarded with an extraordinary career like no other.
Being a Police Officer with Police Scotland brings a wealth of opportunities too. You will receive a generous starting package with a salary of £26k rising to £40k after 10 years, 28 days paid holiday rising to 34 days on completion of your probationary training; as well as access to a wide range of health, wellbeing and leisure benefits. If you meet our high standards, you are at the start of an exciting and rewarding career journey with Police Scotland.
As a Police Officer in Police Scotland you can expect:
- A rewarding and varied career
- A competitive salary and an attractive pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including those that promote a work/life balance
- Excellent training, development and career progression opportunities
- Generous paid leave entitlement that increases with service
- A wide range of employee benefits
- Access to health and wellbeing services and advise across Police Scotland
- Interesting workplace deployments across Scotland
- To be part of and contribute to the provision of outstanding services across all sections of communities across Scotland.