About the Police Scotland Youth Volunteers
Police Scotland Youth Volunteer (PSYV) groups, which are supported by Young Scot, YouthLink Scotland and the Scottish Government, has now expanded with a total of 18 established groups throughout all 13 territorial divisions in Scotland and funding is in place for a further 32 groups to be rolled out throughout 2016.
By December the total will be 50 PYSV teams and more than 1500 youth and adult volunteers.
All recruitment is overseen by our individual Group Coordinators and I would ask that you make contact with them directly. They can advise you on the application and selection process and the level of vacancies they may have in the future.
We are actively seeking interest nationally from persons aged 18 or over to join the PSYV as Adult Volunteers. Not all area’s are recruiting for Adult Volunteers so please contact your closest coordinator for more information.
Please visit the Volunteer Scotland website if you are seeking any other volunteering opportunities.
The Police Scotland Youth Volunteers assisting at the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
Aims of the PSYV:
- Promote a practical understanding of policing amongst all young people.
- Encourage the spirit of adventure and good citizenship.
- Support local policing priorities through volunteering and give young people a chance to be heard.
- Inspire young people to participate positively in their communities.
Principles of the PSYV:
- Members aged 13-17 (inclusive).
- Youths who volunteer 3 hours a month – assisting in community and crime prevention measures.
- Youth Volunteers that represent the diversity of their service area.
Local Group Co-ordinator Contact Information
If your area does not show above, do not worry, we are currently expanding the number of PSYV groups we have across the country. To keep up to date with the latest info, please like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. You can also subscribe to the PSYV YouTube Channel.
You can also find out more information on the programme itself at the Police Scotland Youth Volunteers page within the About Us section of our website.