Appeal following assault in Neilston Road, Paisley
Detectives in Paisley are appealing for information after a 40-year-old man was seriously assaulted by youths on Friday, 4 June. The incident happened around 9.30pm on Neilston Road, near to Lapsley Avenue.
The man sustained serious injuries to his face and head and was taken to the Royal Alexandra Hospital for treatment.
The five male suspects, in their late teens, are believed to have been part of a larger group of male and female youths that were in the area. The suspects ran in the direction of Paisley town centre following the assault. They are described as:
1) white male with close shaved hair. He was wearing a blue polo shirt, grey hooded top and dark shorts
2) white male, tall with short dark hair. He was wearing a grey tracksuit top with hood, dark trousers and dark trainers
3) white male with shaved head. He was wearing a white hooded top with white trousers
4) white male with short dark hair. He was wearing a red top with black shorts
5) white male with short dark hair. He was wearing a red t-shirt with black shorts and white trainers
Detective Constable Martyn Renfrew said: "I am appealing to anyone who was in the area at the time who witnessed the assault or saw any unusual activity to please get in touch. If any nearby residents have CCTV footage or passing motorists have a dash-cam, please check back and see if there is any footage that could assist our investigation."
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101, quoting reference number 3929 of 4 June. Alternatively, information can be provided anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.