Our Police Staff
Police staff play a vital role in the delivery of our police service and protecting the public.
Working for Police Scotland doesn’t have to mean patrolling the streets. Just as important as our uniformed officers is our 5500-strong team of professional and support staff working behind the scenes.
A career with us means being part of an organisation with a clear purpose, focus, and values, where every individual contribution helps to keep people safe.
Whether you are managing our IT infrastructure, communicating with the public and media or maintaining our fleet of vehicles, your skills and experience will help make Scotland a safer place to live, work and visit.
It’s these skilled people who provide the organisational capability to police Scotland.
Click on the links below to find out which staff roles are currently available, the responsibilities, pay, and training you’ll receive and how to apply.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salaries
- Annual salary increments
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 28 days annual leave and 6 public holidays on appointment
- Wide range of family friendly policies
- Modern, spacious working environments
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a range of staff associations
- Scottish Police Recreation Association
- Scottish Police Credit Union
- Staff Uniform (where applicable)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
If you are ready to apply and see the current opportunities for police staff please click on the links below.