The Scottish Police Authority (SPA) is the legal employer of all police staff in Scotland.
Some police staff are employed in functions that sit as part of the SPA, such as Forensics, but the majority of police staff fall under the direction and control of the Chief Constable and work in departments that are part of Police Scotland.
With over 5500 police staff across Scotland, we employ all sorts of people in all sorts of jobs, and everything they do matters. A career with us means being part of an organisation with a clear purpose, focus, and values, where every individual contribution helps, keep people safe.
Our Purpose: To improve the safety and wellbeing of people, places, and communities in Scotland.
Our Focus: Keeping People Safe
Our Values: Integrity, Fairness, and Respect
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salaries
- Annual salary increments
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 28 days annual leave and 6 public holidays on appointment
- Wide range of family friendly policies
- Modern, spacious working environments
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a range of staff associations
- Scottish Police Recreation Association
- Scottish Police Credit Union
- Staff Uniform (where applicable)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme