Perpetrators - We're on to you
Police Scotland has a specialist unit, the National Child Abuse Investigation Unit (NCAIU), to support the investigation of complex child abuse and neglect across Scotland. Police Scotland works to secure convictions with partner agencies across the UK. Investigation of sexual crimes against children is one of Police Scotland's highest priorities.
The list below highlights just a few of the cases we have dealt with over the last year. If you feel you are at risk of committing this type of offence, we urge you strongly to get in contact with Stop it Now for confidential advice about what you can do.
- Targeting young people online for any sexually motivated purpose is wrong and you will get caught.
- You are putting yourself at huge risk of being publically exposed, losing your privacy, your family, your home, employment and liberty.
- You do not know who you are talking to online. It could a young person or it could be the police.
- There is confidential and non-judgmental help available via Stop It Now. Seek help now.
- Between 1 Aug 2017 and 31 July 2018 (12 month period) 1,059 men were charged with online offences against children and young people, which included 94 instances of grooming.
Arrests and Convictions
Investigation of sexual crimes against children is one of Police Scotland's highest priorities. The below lists just a few of the cases we have dealt with over the last year. If you are at risk of offending, we would urge you to seek help, otherwise you risk the complete destruction of your home, work and family life, and the details of your actions will be made public as in the cases below.
Click the below links to read case studies and further information.
Find out about the Campaign in our What's Happening Campaigns section.