Support services

Support Services

Whether or not you feel you want to speak to the Police, the following services are available to you.

  • Local GP: General Practitioners are the gateway to all local health and social care services and consideration should be given to seeking a consultation in respect of any mental or physical health concerns.
  • Victim Support Scotland (VSS): If you have been affected by crime or are required to attend court as a witness, VSS can help by providing support and information. To receive support call our helpline on 0345 603 9213. (8 a.m. to 8p.m Mon – Fri). Alternatively if you report a crime to Police Scotland, you can ask to be referred to VSS. If your case goes to court, our Witness Service (WS) can arrange for you to look round a court room in advance or arrange for a supporter to assist you when giving evidence. 
  • Future Pathways (Scotland’s In Care Survivor Support Fund): Future Pathways offers help and support to people who were abused or neglected as children while they were living in care in Scotland. We work together to help survivors access person-centred support that will help them to lead full, healthy and independent lives and find their own pathways to a positive future. Please contact us on Freephone number 0808 164 2005 or email:
  • Rape Crisis: If you have experienced a crime of a sexual nature then you can contact Rape Crisis Scotland on 08088 010302 (open 6pm – midnight daily). Once you have spoken to the Police a referral can also be made on your behalf. 
  • Samaritans: A UK charity offering support to people who are suicidal or despairing, and are on hand 24 hours a day, every day of the year. Freephone 116 123 (24hrs/7 days a week)
  • Breathing Space: A confidential phone line for anyone in Scotland feeling low, anxious or depressed. Freephone 0800 83 85 87 (6pm - 2am week days, 24 hours at weekends from 6pm on Friday to 6am on Monday)
  • Scottish Government: This website provides policy information, however contains links to survivor support services, via NHS Inform and ALISS, as well as links to more immediate support.