Assistant Chief Constable Professionalism and Assurance
Assistant Chief Constable Alan Speirs is the executive lead for Professionalism and Assurance.
ACC Speirs’ portfolio consists of the following business areas:
- Professional Standards
- Ethics & Values
- Awards & Ceremonies
- Audit, Risk and Assurance
- Senior Information Risk Owner (SIRO)
- Data (including GDPR)
- Freedom of Information & Information Sharing
- Information Management
- Firearms & Explosive Licensing
- Executive Support
- Strategic Engagement Coordination
- Health and Safety
- Public Inquiries
- Organisational Learning & Continuous Improvement
He is also the Senior Responsible Officer for Data Drives Digital (DDD).
ACC Speirs was appointed to his current portfolio in 2017 and prior to this he performed command roles within Local Policing (Renfrewshire and Inverclyde), C3 and Professional Standards.
With responsibility for Governance, ACC Speirs also maintains strategic oversight of the delivery of legal requirements associated with matters such as Public Inquiries; overseeing the implementation of organisational learning and continuous improvement.