The Police Scotland Firearm and Explosives Licensing function performs an important role across Scotland with licensing staff based in Aberdeen, Dumfries, Dundee, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Glasgow, Glenrothes, and Inverness.
Our administrative function is supported by Firearm Enquiry Officers who carry out enquiry and visits to existing and future certificate holders across Scotland.
Within this area you will find information on
- Applications and guidance for Firearms and Shotguns
- Applications and guidance for Air Weapons
- Applications and guidance for Explosives
- Applications and guidance for Registered Firearms Dealers
- Applications and guidance for Clubs
- Applications and guidance for Visitor Permits and 11(6) Authorities
- Guidance for Snares and Weapon Transfers
- Frequently Asked Questions (covering all areas above)
If in doubt you can contact your local Firearms Licensing Processing Centre, found in the PDF document at the bottom of this page, by telephone during office hours (0900-1700hrs Mon – Fri) or by email and we will be in touch.
If you would like this information in an alternative format or language - please phone us on 101 to discuss your needs.