The following are the application forms relating to air weapons. Please ensure you download and complete the correct form for your requirements.
Application forms can be found at the bottom of the page.
Form AWL1 – Application for the Grant or Renewal of an Air Weapon Certificate
Form AWL2 – Application for the Grant of an Air Weapon Police Permit
Form AWL3 – Application for the Grant of an Air Weapon Visitor Permit
Form AWL4 – Application for the Variation of an Air Weapon Certificate or Permit
Form AWL5 – Application for the Grant of an Air Weapon Event Permit
Form AWL6 – Application for the Grant or Renewal of an Air Weapon Club Approval
Form AWL7 – Application for the Variation of an Air Weapon Club Approval
Please ensure that each application form is completed in accordance with the guidance attached to it.
Failure to do so may result in your application being delayed.
Air Weapon Certificate Grant Application
If you are applying for the grant of an Air Weapon Certificate, please ensure the following checklist is read against your application form:
- Correct application form used i.e. grant of an Air Weapon Certificate (Form AWL1)
- All relevant areas of the application form completed.
- If under 18, please have a parent or guardian complete Part D of form AWL1.
- Please ensure you provide an appropriate verifier, who MUST sign Part E of form AWL1.
- Enclose two recent photographs (passport style).
- Please send payment along with your application. Make cheque payable to the SCOTTISH POLICE AUTHORITY. The cost of your application will £72 UNLESS you are applying for it to run conterminously with an existing Firearm or Shotgun Certificate, in which case the fee is £5.
Once completed, please send the form to the following address:
Air Weapons Team
2 French Street
Application forms CANNOT be submitted electronically and MUST be sent to the above address only.